Помощь - Поиск - Пользователи - Календарь
Полная версия этой страницы: How to make a font
GAMEINATOR forums > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > Модификации для S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
giga
Hi.

How can I make fonts for stalker games
dds file
ini file

can you help me, thank you
Cossack-HD
Цитата(giga @ 10.09.2018, 10:35) *
Hi.

dds file
ini file

Hi

I don't have the files on my hands, but essentially there is a dds file with letters side by side in a grid format. I think XML file has coordonates and size for each cell (symbol) as well as letter reference.

Later I can look up exact file names and location but you should be able to figure it out. config/ui folder has XMLs for GUI and there should be textures in gamedata/textures/ui for fonts.

I'm not sure if you can add a new font, maybe you have to replace an existing font. It's easier to do anyway: just open a DDS file with font that you want to change and modify it (I suggest to change color or do some other simple edit to check whether or not it works). I guess font DDS has alpha channel so don't forget to modify it according to how new font looks like (magic wand with disabled "continous" should help), and save it.

Save GIU DDS files with explicit alpha and with setting "no mip maps". I think DX3 compression is the right one.
giga
Цитата(Cossack-HD @ 10.09.2018, 15:35) *
Цитата(giga @ 10.09.2018, 10:35) *
Hi.

dds file
ini file

Hi

I don't have the files on my hands, but essentially there is a dds file with letters side by side in a grid format. I think XML file has coordonates and size for each cell (symbol) as well as letter reference.

Later I can look up exact file names and location but you should be able to figure it out. config/ui folder has XMLs for GUI and there should be textures in gamedata/textures/ui for fonts.

I'm not sure if you can add a new font, maybe you have to replace an existing font. It's easier to do anyway: just open a DDS file with font that you want to change and modify it (I suggest to change color or do some other simple edit to check whether or not it works). I guess font DDS has alpha channel so don't forget to modify it according to how new font looks like (magic wand with disabled "continous" should help), and save it.

Save GIU DDS files with explicit alpha and with setting "no mip maps". I think DX3 compression is the right one.

thanks, not xml, ini file
can I make all of the letters' coordinates automatically all at once

Trollz0r
Вопрос действительно интересный и насущный. Ввиду пришествия эпохи 4К и 8К неплохо бы создать свои шрифты под эти разрешения. Но как? У пыс была специальная хрень для записи координат знаков в .ини - Лохотрон, где она? Почему не слил?
ForserX
БутчерПит, в окси все коррды ручками писали.
abramcumner
Цитата(БутчерПит @ 12.09.2018, 20:01) *
Вопрос действительно интересный и насущный. Ввиду пришествия эпохи 4К и 8К неплохо бы создать свои шрифты под эти разрешения. Но как? У пыс была специальная хрень для записи координат знаков в .ини - Лохотрон, где она? Почему не слил?

Это прошлый век. В 2018 - надо все самоделки выкинуть и использовать ттф. хрей 1.9 же.
SkyLoader
Цитата(abramcumner @ 12.09.2018, 20:46) *
Это прошлый век. В 2018 - надо все самоделки выкинуть и использовать ттф. хрей 1.9 же.

Разве в ttf есть градиент у шрифтов? Чтобы уж прям всё выкидывать?
Trollz0r
А где в сталкире использовался градиент для шрифтов?
alg0r1tm
Люпус Эст, на моей памяти это было только в билдах, в экране загрузки)
Для просмотра полной версии этой страницы, пожалуйста, пройдите по ссылке.
Форум IP.Board © 2001-2024 IPS, Inc.